Monday, November 17, 2008

Last Post

This will be my last post on this blog site. This past Tuesday, I was called into the Principal's Office and told I would not be the Head Basketball Coach this year. This was less than a week before our first game. The reason behind the dismissal was that an audit of school finances showed that the school loaned the basketball program some money and that it was too big an issue to leave the head coach in place.
Personally, I think this was not as big a deal as it was made out. I don't believe this was the only issue that lead to my removal, but the rest have nothing to do with my talent as a coach. I believe this dismissal was more personal. I believe that the new principal had a different aganda than I did concerning the basketball program. I happened to be in the way of that agenda.
I do not have any evidence of this new agenda, but it does not feel right the way things went down. Things were not handled very well and it makes it a bitter pill to swallow. Coaching High School basketball was a dream I have had since I was in high school myself. This dream for now has come to an end, but I will find another job and I will do whatever it is I did wrong better and hold on to that job much longer. Thank you for all of you who read my blog. THank you for your kind words of support and wish me luck in my future endeavors, because this show isn't over, its just on hiatus.

No comments: